This quick chicken teriyaki is a perfect meal for when you want something simple and delicious to keep you going through the week. A perfect balance of sweet and savory complimented with rice and veggies to round out the meal. Easy enough that anyone can make it and tasty enough that everyone will enjoy it. You’ll find all the ingredients you need in your pantry or a quick trip to your neighborhood grocery store, no specialty ingredients required.
- 3 cloves fresh garlic+ginger minced :- (For freshness and zing)
- 1/2 cup of honey :- (I prefer honey to sugar as it’s healthier)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce :- (I prefer low sodium)
- 1/2 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch :- (I like to thicken my Sauce so that it coats every morsel of chicken and veggies in a glossy, mouth watering goodness)
- Red Paper Flakes :- (It gives a kick to your chicken, I love it!)
- 1 strip of asparagus
Then You’ll Need…
- 2 lbs Chicken breasts diced
- Salt and pepper (I like to use the herbal salt :- It’s a mix of different organic ingredients that add flavor to your meals)
- 3 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 3 cups cooked Rice
Mix all sauce ingredients together, and set aside. Dice chicken, and season with salt and pepper. And put in a large skillet. Pour half the teriyaki sauce into the large skillet over the diced chicken breast. Cook over medium high heat, until cooked through. Set chicken aside to let cool.
Assemble rice bowl with 1 cup cooked rice at bottom of each freezer safe bowl. Add 3/4 cup frozen stir fry mix vegetables to each container. Divide cooled chicken between the 4 bowls. Divide reserved teriyaki sauce between the bowls, pouring it over the top. Put lids on, and freeze.
When ready to eat from frozen, simply heat in microwave for 5-8 minutes, or until heated through.
Like what you’re reading? Please like, share and subscribe to thekavdaily.com